A cost-effective, prestigious audit
Under the Belgian Royal Decree of 14 November 2003, all operators are required to establish a self-checking system.
A self-check is a set of compulsory measures that operators must take to ensure, at every stage of the production, processing and distribution process, that the products they manage:
- meet the regulatory food safety standards
- meet regulatory product quality standards, under the authority of the Belgian Federal Agency for the Safety of the Food Chain (FASFC)
- meet the relevant traceability and traceability monitoring requirements.
In other words, the self-checking system is designed to ensure that the following principles are adhered to:
- Observance of good hygiene practices (GHP)
- Establishment of a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) system.
With its extensive expertise, Quality Partner is perfectly placed to approve your self-checking system.
While there is no statutory requirement to have your self-checking system approved, it does offer a number of benefits:
You enjoy a discount on your FASFC contributions. You only pay one quarter of the annual FASFC fee during the 3-year certificate validity period. = Bonus
You receive a “smiley”. The “smiley” is a sticker that you can place in your window to show your customers that you meet the very highest quality standards.
You appear in the “excellent” category on the FASFC website.
You qualify for the reduced FASFC inspection regime. Once your system has been approved, it is placed in a lower risk category. This means that FASFC inspectors will visit your business less frequently.
We conduct an approval audit of your self-checking system.
- We produce a detailed report within 5 working days.
- The auditors assess your remedial action plan.
- We award certification once we have received and approved evidence of remedial action within the required time frame (1 to 6 months), then issue your certificate and “smiley”.
We present and discuss the results with groups of businesses at annual meetings.
- Accredited by Belac in line with the ISO 17020 standard.
- Accredited by FASFC.
- A recognised expert for more than 15 years.
- A tailor-made, rapid service.
Do you want to commission an audit of your self-checking system and enjoy the associated benefits? For further details, please complete our form or get in touch with us.